To Do for Week 3: ScenesPosted: September 4, 2013 Filed under: Week 3 Scenes, Weekly Units 3 Comments
Covering this week, our scribe: Eric Alcorn
Week 2 Blog Post Due: Katelyn Wilhelm
Quiz 2: Rex Pickett, Sideways (pp. 1-210)
Weekly Words #2, due by Sunday 9/8 at 5 PM. Focus: Dramatized (not summarized) scenes from early in your novel. Follow the “Initiate” prompts from DICE and the “Objective” prompts from LOCK.
I’ve created a Facebook group (#amnoveling outside) so that those of you following the class from outside the fishbowl can share information, spur each other on, and find beta readers. I encourage you to post in the FB group the very second you’ve completed your 2000 words for the week, for example. You need some positive reinforcement. Another option: use the hashtag “#amnoveling” or leave a comment here with a link to your blog or website if you don’t mind being contacted by others.
- Rex Pickett, Sideways (pp. 1-210)
- Cathy Day on “Dramatic Questions” on her blog, The Big Thing: “Why Downton Abbey is Addictive and Instructive.”
- Michelle Hoover on “The Launch.”
- James Scott Bell on “Objectives.”
Weekly Words #2. Focus: Dramatized (not summarized) scenes from early in your novel. Follow the “Initiate” prompts from Hoover and the “Objective” prompts from LOCK.
I want to hear from you!
Either here in the comments or in the FB Group or via the #amnoveling hashtag, tell me:
- Did you get your 2000 words written last week? Are you ready to do it again?
- When are you finding the time to write?
- Do you want to connect with others in this group? Join the FB group, use the hashtag #amnoveling (I’ve created a column on Tweetdeck and will see all of of your tweets), like this one.